Does your family value community service? Take your family vacations to a whole new level with Rustic Volunteer Travel! Go beyond your boundaries and bond as a family while improving the quality of life for others and exploring unforgettable destinations. Regardless of the volunteer project your family chooses, this is an amazing opportunity to teach your children and loved ones about the importance of philanthropy and community service, all while exploring the world. You may even choose a volunteer project or travel destination directly relating to your children's studies or career goals (for example: travel to a Latin country for Spanish language learners or volunteer in a conservation project if your child dreams of working for the environment).
Contact us now! We would love to work with you to design the ideal project for your family. Rustic Volunteer and Travel staff will work directly with you to plan your travel and volunteer experiences and customize your itinerary to your family's overall goals and interests. You can choose from a variety of volunteer projects and travel destinations. Here are just a few of many examples of projects that can your family can become a part of:
get more information
- Does your family like to get their hands dirty and be active? Work in a construction/building projects! Your family can help by assisting building projects to construct schools, orphanages, hospitals/clinics, community centers, libraries, parks, etc. This project allows you and your family to see instant results of your time and dedication as you improve the lives of others.
- Have a "green" family? Help local nonprofit organizations with conservation efforts to improve the global environment. Your family can help planting plants/trees, participate in flora and fauna surveying, assist with community education, promote cleanup campaigns, etc.
- Love your pets? Animal-loving families can work for animal conservation projects to protect pandas, elephants or turtles. You and your children will have the unique opportunity to ride and care for elephants, work with pandas or protect turtle habitats.
- Want to play with and care for little ones? Families interested in focusing on children and education can work in schools or orphanages to play with children, teach them English or other subjects such as math and science, promote health and sanitation, provide basic care, plan extracurricular activities, assist local administrations, etc.
- Families interested in community development can assist with community planning, economic progress, marketing, gender equality, libraries, community events, etc.
- Families may also become involved in women's empowerment and support groups by teaching women about basic business skills, health, family planning, marketing and profitable skills such as art, sewing, cooking, etc.
- In addition, we will be happy to work with your family to customize a volunteer project. The possibilities are truly endless.
A typical Itinerary:
Rustic Volunteer and Travel group itineraries are usually broken up into three phases: orientation, volunteer projects and travel. Depending on the amount of time your group has, we will develop each phase specifically for you. Rustic staff works hard to ensure that each phase is meaningful and well-organized so that your group can have the most rewarding experience possible.
- Orientation Phase: Depending on your available time, your group can choose an orientation lasting 1-7 days. The orientation will give your group information about your destination, daily life, local foods, safety issues, religion, history and basic information about your project. With more time, we also plan field trips, language courses and cultural immersion programs.
- Volunteer Phase: Once you complete your orientation, your group will then travel to your volunteer project site. Depending on how much time your group has available, you can volunteer anywhere from 4 days to 12 weeks. It's completely up to you. Depending on your group's interests, you can choose from a variety of projects such as working in an orphanage, school, construction project, health awareness (basic health and sanitation, HIV/AIDS and disease prevention, etc.), women's projects, teaching, community development projects, conservation efforts, etc. Depending on the country you choose, volunteers will stay with a host family, home base or hostel.
- Travel Phase: As an international volunteer, you will have the unique opportunity to explore new cultures, discover exotic flora and fauna, engage in new adventures and meet new people. Again, depending on the time you have, you can travel for 2 to 12 or more days. This phase is a time to relax and explore after knowing that you've done your part to help others in the world. Depending on the country of your choice, your group can experience pristine beaches, astonishing wildlife, scenic landscapes, historical locations, museums, vibrant markets, exotic cuisine, endless adventures and local daily life. Pictures will not suffice to capture your unforgettable experiences.
What are you waiting for? Contact us now for more information so we can work with you to organize an unforgettable, educational and cultural experience.
get more information